As you know, sports help to unite and strengthen our local communities. But while sports undoubtedly improve physical health, we need your help to tackle a big issue – and that’s mental health.
The night will include:
- Outside The Locker Room founder and former AFL player Jake Edwards, who will talk us through OTLR’s player welfare programs, and explain how your club can benefit from them. OTLR have worked with over 200 sports clubs and schools across Australia – so they know what they’re talking about!
- Sports psychologist and director of Think Performance Psychology Jodii Maguire who will share her insights gained from working with West Coast Fever, the West Coast Eagles and the Wildcats (& other elite clubs, athletes and businesses).
- Founder of the The Kai Eardley Fund Claire Eardley will speak about her son Kai and the Foundation she has established in honour of his memory. KEF funds the delivery of mental health and wellbeing workshops throughout Perth.
- Tips on encouraging resilience and mental wellness at your club and more.
- Supper is included and drinks will be available for purchase.
It’s free to come along (registration here is essential) but as we’ll be raising money for The Kai Eardley Foundation, we encourage you to donate via the same link.
We’d love you to come, and please feel free to spread the word and share this throughout your networks.
Hope to see you there!
Lisa O’Malley MLA
Member for Bicton
Shop 4; Stammers Marketplace 265 Canning Hwy, Palmyra 6156
Please support our fundraiser to send the 2020 Year 6s to Melbourne. Wine order form below.
In 2019, the WAFC provided an opportunity for Junior Football Clubs to open registrations in early September as a way of continuing to grow Club Football participation. On the back of its success, the WAFC have opened 2020 registrations for all Metro and Regional Junior Football Clubs and Auskick Centres from Sunday 1st September 2019.
The link to this year’s registration form is as follows:
The benefits to PJFC of opening Junior Football registrations early include:
- Registration fees are to be held at 2019 season levels for payment during the period 1 September 2019 to 30 November 2019 (sibling discounts of 15% for the second, third etc. child will also still apply). From 1 December 2019, the registration fees for each age group will increase by $10 per player.
- The opportunity to register players while they are still engaged – losing contact with PJFC members could potentially result in them losing interest.
- Our club will get an early indication of numbers for Team Nominations and to highlight potential target areas for recruitment (everyone can assist with the recruitment drive!).
Prizes will be awarded to the top performing Club during the Early Registration period, with the first 400 members to register for the 2020 season to receive giveaways.
Any new players registering to play Junior Football for the very first time will be able to register, however PJFC will be required to approve their pending registration. Any player new to PJFC who has come from another club will require a transfer and must wait for the National Transfer Period to open. The National Transfer Period is open between 1 to 30 November 2019 and 1 February to 30 June 2020.
If you have any queries regarding the early registration process, please contact me firstname.lastname@example.org
Registrar – PJFC
This game report was recently submitted by one of the Year 6 Blue team parents, and not only is it an entertaining read, it really represents what the team is all about and how our club works well both on and off the field.
Kardz 4 Sportz photographers will be taking photos on Sunday 30th June at our club, during the Year 3 match.
This is a great opportunity for all Auskickers and any others interested to get a professional photo taken.
The Kardz 4 Sportz cards are available in sets of 4, 8 and 16, are double sided and professionally printed.
These unique photographic personalised cards are a great keepsake of your child/ren to collect every year and for every purchase our club receives 10% of total sales!
Don’t forget to bring cash on the day.
Thank you to everyone who sold tickets, bought tickets and supported our club.
The PJFC raffle was drawn on the 10th of May at the Tradewinds.
Congratulations – the winners are:
1st Prize – $500 – Fay Lester (Ticket No. 0083)
2nd Prize – $300 – Chris Hughes (Ticket No. 0653)
3rd Prize $150 – David Edwards (Ticket No. 0587)
4th Prize $50 – Liz (Ticket Number 0022)
Please see below all the items we have available for auction during our Quiz night on 11 May at Palmyra
Please feel free to circulate this list to family and friends. Bidding will take place at the quiz night. If you are
not attending, please arrange for someone who is attending to place a bid for you. If you cannot do this and
would still like to place a bid, please contact Leanne on 0407 989 690 or Georga on 0402 128 543
Any items you are successful in bidding for need to be paid for on the night. Cash payment is preferred
however we will have EFTPOS facilities available on the night.
Two of our big ticket items, the West Coast Eagles and Geelong memorabilia will be sold via a Live Auction
taking place at the quiz night. Again, if you are not in attendance and would like to bid, please arrange for
someone to make bids on your behalf.
There are reserves on all items.